Meals for Relaxation
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and sliced mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon the mushroom sauce over the top. Let simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
This dish is a comforting and satisfying meal that’s perfect for unwinding after a long day. The creamy sauce and savory mushrooms add a touch of indulgence, while the chicken provides lean protein to help you feel satisfied and relaxed. Enjoy!