Meals for Focus
Salmon Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and add it to a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, then add them to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Divide the cooked quinoa into two bowls. Top with chopped spinach, avocado slices, and walnuts.
- Add the cooked salmon fillets to each bowl.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are important for brain health and can improve focus. Quinoa is a good source of complex carbohydrates which provide sustained energy and can help prevent blood sugar crashes that can lead to brain fog. Spinach is rich in iron which can improve oxygen flow to the brain and improve cognitive function. Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants which can help improve memory and concentration. The healthy fats and protein in avocado can also help provide sustained energy and improve focus.